It’s off to the races!
You’re invited to join us during the month of April for the first-ever ROCK Derby! Pick a team to fundraise for and every dollar you raise will bring your team closer to the finish line. The team with the most funds raised on April 30th will be crowned the winner.
How do I participate?
1. Join a team and become a Fundraiser Jockey
Become a Fundraiser Jockey when you pick one of seven equine teams to fundraise for. As a jockey, you’ll set up a custom profile page where your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers can sponsor you and support your team. Donations made through your jockey profile will count towards your selected equine team as well as your personal total as a jockey.
2. Sponsor a jockey or equine team
Prefer to make a donation and sit back and enjoy the competition? You can donate directly to a team, jockey or any combination. Click here to find a team or jockey to support.
Find a team to fundraise for
Jockey participation prizes: Jockeys are eligible to earn prizes based on the total amount of money raised through your jockey fundraising page. Prizes will be awarded to each jockey who raises the following amounts.
- $1: Rubber ROCK bracelet
- $100: ROCK Derby t-shirt
- $500: ROCK Derby hat
- $1000: Yeti tumbler
Top Team prize: Each jockey on the team with the most funds raised at the end of the race will receive a commemorative hoofprint of the horse of their choice from the winning team.
Top Jockey prize: A grand prize will be awarded to the jockey with the most funds raised in the following age brackets: Under 18, 18+. The winners of each age bracket will be given a one-on-one photo session and lunch with the horse of their choice.
Details & Rules
ROCK Derby begins on April 1, 2021 and runs through April 30, 2021. Donations must be received by 11:59 PM CST in order to be credited. Donations can be made the following ways:
To sponsor a jockey
- To pay by credit/debit: Click here to search for an individual jockey by name. You can also find a jockey by clicking on the teams above and viewing the team members.
- To pay by cash/check: Mail to P.O. Box 2422, Georgetown, TX 78627 or hand-deliver to any ROCK staff member. Check/cash payments must clearly state the individual jockey’s name AND equine team name in order to be counted.
- Donations made to a jockey fundraiser will be credited towards that person’s overall fundraising total as well as their team’s total.
To directly sponsor a team
- To pay by credit/debit: Click the desired team’s icon above and select “Donate to this team”
- To pay by cash/check: Mail to P.O. Box 2422, Georgetown, TX 78627 or hand-deliver to any ROCK staff member. Check/cash payments must clearly state the team name in order to be credited.
- Donations made directly to a team will not count towards any individual jockey’s total but are a way to improve the standings of an equine team as a whole.
Collecting a lot of donations offline? Make it easy on potential sponsors with this customizable pledge request form you can download and print.
ROCK Derby is a chance for participants, volunteers, staff, board members, and donors to come together to support ROCK. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, ROCK’s programs are available at little to no cost for many participants. In fact, no participant pays more than 57% of the cost to provide services resulting in tuition only covering about 15% of the annual operating budget. The rest is supported by grants, donations, and special events like this one.
ROCK is currently facing a $121,242 gap for the 2020-2021 fiscal year due to rescheduling the annual Barn Dance to the fall. Your gift will help bridge that gap. Funds raised could be used for financial assistance for participants, equine care, facility maintenance, staff salaries and other needs throughout the year.
ROCK Derby is designed to give participants, volunteers, staff, board members, and friends of ROCK an opportunity to advocate for our mission throughout the community. By asking your friends, family, co-workers, local businesses, and neighbors for support, you are raising awareness and ensuring ROCK’s programs can continue to thrive.
You are free to join any team you’d like. Each team consists of four horses and is captained by a ROCK staff member. Feel free to select the team that most resonates with you!
For the purposes of the race, we ask that you only join one equine team to jockey for. However, you are welcome to donate to more than one team or jockey by going directly to that team/jockey’s fundraising page and making a donation.
Everyone can participate whether you raise $1 or $1000! In order to receive prizes, donations must be made through your jockey fundraising page (or specify your name AND team name if made by cash/check) to qualify towards your fundraising total.
If you still have a question that hasn’t been answered, please email Karah@rockride.org or call (512) 930-7625.