ROCK is following all CDC guidelines as well as local, state, and national orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To reduce the risk, staff are regularly disinfecting/cleaning surfaces and equipment. We have also placed hand sanitizer in key locations around the facility.
We are currently operating with a limited-access campus and accepting visitors by appointment only. Please note that upon arrival to campus, all staff, participants, volunteers, and visitors will undergo the following steps:
- Have their temperature taken
- Answer a short screening survey
- Wash their hands
- Wear a face mask, with exceptions in cases where masks are not medically advised
- Maintain a 6-foot distance whenever possible
Additionally, all staff, participants, and volunteers must sign our COVID-19 waiver.
Dear ROCK Family,
I want to update you on ROCK’s reopening progress and the impact of the current situation surrounding COVID-19. When ROCK reopened at the beginning of June, the plan was to start with our most independent participants and gradually introduce more services on a two-week basis, if government and CDC recommendations allowed. This was how ROCK operated throughout the month and as a result we are currently serving 30% of our participants on a weekly basis. In the middle of June, ROCK also brought a small number of ROCKateers back on campus to assist with essential activities such as feeding and horse handling.
With the current rise of COVID-19 cases in Georgetown and Williamson County, ROCK’s leadership team has taken the following measures to protect our participants, volunteers, staff, board, and community:
- For now, ROCK will temporarily pause plans to resume services for additional participants.
- As part of ROCK’s reopening policy, face masks are required when a 6-foot distance cannot be maintained, with exceptions in cases where masks are not medically advised. ROCK will continue to comply with all city, county, and state regulations with regards to face masks/coverings.
- ROCK will move forward with holding Camp Bright Side Session 1 from July 14-17th and Session 2 from July 21st-24th as planned. In the event that city, county, or state orders prevent us from being able to hold these camps, ROCK will notify participants and their families as soon as possible.
I understand this is a difficult time for everyone and many of you rely on ROCK for life-affirming programs, much-needed social connections, and a strong community. Although we are putting a hold on growing services, I want to assure you that our leadership team and staff are constantly monitoring the situation. It is ROCK’s goal to move forward in a way that honors the safety of all participants, volunteers, staff, and community. We will keep you updated on what this looks like as the path forward becomes clearer.
I want to thank each of you for standing by ROCK through what has been an exceptionally challenging year. It is heart breaking to not be able to see you, serve you, laugh with you, and cry with you. I speak for the entire ROCK staff and board when I say we are so grateful for the love, wisdom, and support the ROCK family has to offer.
Director of Resource Management
Updated: July 10, 2020
Below is a list of community resources for those in need
Not sure where to turn? Start with 2-1-1 Texas, a directory of services maintained by the Texas Health and Human Services.
Austin Tenants Council
Housing issues & advocacy
The Christi Center
Online grief counseling and loss support
The Caring Place
Fresh Food for Families on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Mondays @ 9AM
Georgetown Housing Authority
Affordable housing solutions
Georgetown Chamber of Commerce
Georgetown ISD Food Service
Meals will be provided Monday through Friday from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.:
This meal program is designed for students under the age of 18.
Hill Country Ministries
Mobile Pantry from 12-2PM; Drive-thru only in the following locations:
- Monday – Bethany United Methodist Church: 10010 Anderson Mill Rd, Austin, TX 78750
- Tuesday – Good News United Methodist Church: 1610 E New Hope Dr, Leander, TX 78641
- Wednesday – RockPointe Church: Liberty Hill 170 Co Rd 214, Liberty Hill, TX 78642
- Thursday – RockPointe Church: Leander 1070 Co Rd 177, Leander, TX 78641
- 1st & 3rd Saturday – Life Church: 1393 E Woodview Dr, Leander, TX 78641
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault Hotline
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to
741741 (US), 85258 (UK), 686868 (Canada)
Lonestar Circle of Care
Health care clinics
Round Rock Area Serving Center
Fresh food for families: Mon, Wed, and Fri from 11-2; Drive-thru only
Financial support for rent, utilities, and prescriptions available