PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor (CTRI)
Hours: 40 hours a week, hourly non-exempt position
Some weekends and nights depending on ROCK’s needs
Benefits Available: PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, and retirement package
Education: High School Diploma required, PATH CTRI required
ROCK, Ride on Center for Kids is looking for a full-time PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding
Instructor (CTRI). We are a non-profit equine facility located in Georgetown, Texas, that
provides Equine Assisted Services to children, adults, and veterans.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the CTRI will teach between 20-25 therapeutic
riding lessons each week while supervising and providing direction to program volunteers and
assisting with program related activities (such as schooling horses); as is needed and
We are looking for someone with a positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention
to detail with a high degree of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Develop effective lesson plans and instruct clients each week to develop horsemanship
- Keep daily notes for each student according to ROCK procedures.
- Create goals for each student and ensure communication with
parents/caretakers/guardians regarding progress toward each goal at the end of each
- Engage participants in lessons to increase rider motivation, joy, and satisfaction.
- Assist in summer camps, volunteer trainings, and other programs/events throughout the
- Follow and uphold all PATH Intl. and ROCK approved practices, policies, and
- Mentor volunteers, instructors in training, and interns, as needed.
- Consistently communicate with volunteers who are assisting during lessons to keep them
engaged and involved in the lesson.
- Assist in lessons as needed as a sidewalker or horse handler.
- Other duties assigned by the Program Director and the CEO.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications/Experience
- 2 years of experience teaching at PATH Intl. accredited facility
- Experience working with children and/or adults with disabilities
- Demonstrate proficiency of horse care and behavior
- Successfully complete pre-employment background check
- Certification in CPR and First Aid.
- PATH Intl. Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor certification or higher
- Proof of certification required
*Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org