Do you like working outdoors, doing maintenance jobs, encouraging and managing others to serve and helping support the equine therapeutic industry? ROCK, a non-profit in Georgetown, is looking for a full-time Facility Manager.
• Manage, maintain and oversee facilities, including but not limited to: 60 acres of pastures, fencings, buildings, arena and equipment
• Perform general maintenance and repairs with knowledge in general plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mowing, trimming, landscaping, HVAC, “household” type repairs, golf carts, gators, and other tools and maintenance equipment
• This job is a labor position and considered heavy in physical requirements. Must be able to lift 50 lbs; constantly stand, walk, bend at the neck, reach waist to shoulder, grasp and use dominant hand; frequently lift heavy objects, climb ladders, kneel/squat, twist body, reach above shoulders or below waist. The work involves indoor and outdoor activities with exposure to seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations.
• Duties will vary from day to day and flexibility is a must
• Knowledge of pasture maintenance and agiculture best practices is a must
• Open facilities and help with feeding of the horses when necessary
• Acknowledge and complete service requests in a timely manner
• Keep detailed maintenance records
• Ability to work well with staff; manage & direct volunteers and workgroups
• Self-motivated, self-starter, efficient, and flexible
• Vision for helping with our facilities expansion
• Ability to make mechanical and facilities repairs as needed
• Able to operate farm equipment
• Horse knowledge helpful but not a requirement
• Ability to prioritize
• Able to work outside in Texas weather
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• High standards and continuous desire to maintain the structural and aesthetic integrity of ROCK’s facility and grounds
Please send your resume and salary requirements to Jobs@rockride.org. To find out more about ROCK, please visit our website at ROCKride.org.
Therapeutic Riding Instructor Position
ROCK is looking for a Full-time and Part-time PATH Intl. Certified Instructor. ROCK is a non-profit facility that provides equine-assisted activities and therapies to children, adults, and veterans located in Georgetown, Texas.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Therapeutic Riding instructor will teach therapeutic riding lessons each week while supervising and providing direction to program volunteers and assisting with program-related activities, as needed.
• Instructs clients each week in teaching horsemanship skills, assisting in running summer camps, and assisting in other adjunct programs.
• Follows and upholds all PATH Intl approved practices, policies, and procedures.
• Mentor volunteers, instructors-in-training, and interns as needed. Keep daily notes for each student.
• Consistently communicate with volunteers who are assisting during lessons to keep them engaged and involved in the lesson.
• Assess appropriate goals for each student and ensure communication with parent/caretakers/guardians regarding progress with these goals at the end of each riding lesson.
• Engage participants in lessons to increase rider motivation, joy, and satisfaction.
• Other duties as assigned by the Therapeutic Riding Center Program Director and the CEO.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
• 1-year experience teaching at PATH Intl. accredited facility preferred
• Experience working with children or adults with disabilities preferred.
• Successfully complete pre-employment background check.
• Certification in CPR and First Aid.
• PATH Intl. Certified Instructor –Registered Level certification or higher, required.
Please provide your resume along with salary requirements to Sheri@rockride.org