Volunteer Coordinator – Full Time
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours; some evenings and weekends based on the needs of ROCK
Benefits Available: Medical, Dental, Vision, and retirement package
Education: High School diploma required
Objective: To be the leader of the Volunteer Department and to grow, train and maintain a base of quality, committed, compassionate volunteers.
Description: Volunteer Coordinator will lead the Volunteer Department and be responsible for recruiting, training and maintaining a large base of volunteers to help facilitate ROCK’s day to day program volunteer needs and overall volunteer requirements. The Volunteer Coordinator will also ensure that all volunteers are welcomed and appreciated on a regular basis throughout the year.
Responsibilities include (not are not limited to):
- Manage Volunteer Department budget
- Volunteer Appreciation and Recognition (including annual Volunteer Appreciation event and achievement gifts)
- Assess weekly volunteer needs and push out Weekly Needs request email
- Daily awareness and assistance with Assignment Board
- Communicate and collaborate with all areas of ROCK staff to ensure smooth daily operations
- Attendance in Leadership Meetings
- Manage Volunteer Assistants (schedules and responsibilities)
- Support Volunteer Assistants in daily operations and scheduling of volunteers
- Ensure and supervise the recruitment and training of volunteers
- Fill Horse Handler and/or Sidewalker spots as needed
- Schedule and plan large group volunteer teams
- Outreach to recruit new volunteers
- Coordinate with community partners (JLA, NCL, Southwestern University, etc.)
- Special Events – organize and plan schedules, assign duties
- Background Checks – ROCK and Courtney Cares
- Ensure that Volunteer database in Salesforce is updated and maintained
- Candidate must be highly organized and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to assist in problem solving
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Excel a plus
- Microsoft 365 experience a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Comfortable speaking to groups
- Ability to professionally interact with volunteers, staff, donors, and visitors to ROCK
- Comfortable working around and handling horses
- Work hard because we love what we are doing.
- Values enthusiasm, willingness, judgment, collaboration, and positive energy.
- Puts our ROCK families, volunteers, horses, donors, vendors, partners, and other stakeholders into every decision.
- Feels that every product, communication, and interaction is an opportunity to tell the ROCK story.
- Offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, fun activities, awesome co-workers, and the ability to wear boots and jeans to work.
- Friendly and welcoming personality
To apply for this job, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.