Facilities Coordinator Assistant
Hours: 15 – 20 hours a week, hourly position
- Some weekend and nights depending on ROCK’s needs
Education: High School Diploma required
Objective: To assist Facilities Coordinator in beautifying and maintaining ROCK grounds and facilities and maintaining ROCK vehicles and equipment.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Facilities Coordinator
- Perform general maintenance and repairs with knowledge in general plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mowing, trimming, landscaping, HVAC, “household” type repairs, golf carts, gators and other tools and maintenance equipment.
- This is a labor intense position and considered heavy in physical requirements. Must be able to lift 50 lbs., constantly stand, walk, bend at the neck, reach waist to shoulder, grasp and use dominant hand; frequently lift heavy objects, climb ladders, kneel/squat, twist body, reach above shoulders or below waist. The work involves indoor and outdoor activities with exposure to seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations. The above listed physical and visual activities are commonly associated with the performance and essential functions of this job. “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
- Open facilities and help with feeding of the horses when necessary
- Support Facilities Coordinator and other ROCK staff in setting up and tearing down for special events and/or off campus events (ex: Barn Dance, Golf Tournament, Board meetings, etc.)
- Support Facilities Coordinator in maintaining daily grooming of the arena
- Support Facilities Coordinator in trash and recycle management
- Complete service requests assigned by Facilities Coordinator
- Ability to work well with staff
- Ability to take direction
- Self-motivated and self-starter. Efficient.
- Ability to make mechanical and facility repairs as needed
- Able to operate farm equipment;
- Tractor experience preferred
- Mowers, weed eaters, chain saws, etc.
- Experience and knowledge working with horses preferred (but can be trained)
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work outside in Texas weather
- Friendly and engaging personality
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.