Therapeutic Riding Instructor Position
ROCK is looking for a Full-time and Part-time PATH Intl. Certified Instructor. ROCK is a non-profit facility that provides equine-assisted activities and therapies to children, adults, and veterans located in Georgetown, Texas.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Therapeutic Riding instructor will teach therapeutic riding lessons each week while supervising and providing direction to program volunteers and assisting with program-related activities, as needed.
• Instructs clients each week in teaching horsemanship skills, assisting in running summer camps, and assisting in other adjunct programs.
• Follows and upholds all PATH Intl approved practices, policies, and procedures.
• Mentor volunteers, instructors-in-training, and interns as needed. Keep daily notes for each student.
• Consistently communicate with volunteers who are assisting during lessons to keep them engaged and involved in the lesson.
• Assess appropriate goals for each student and ensure communication with parent/caretakers/guardians regarding progress with these goals at the end of each riding lesson.
• Engage participants in lessons to increase rider motivation, joy, and satisfaction.
• Other duties as assigned by the Therapeutic Riding Center Program Director and the CEO.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
• 1-year experience teaching at PATH Intl. accredited facility preferred
• Experience working with children or adults with disabilities preferred.
• Successfully complete pre-employment background check.
• Certification in CPR and First Aid.
• PATH Intl. Certified Instructor –Registered Level certification or higher, required.
Please provide your resume along with salary requirements to Sheri@rockride.org