During this unprecedented time, one thing we are all in need of is a little bit of hope. ROCK has started a Fence of Hope, and you can be a part of it!
We invite you to tie a ribbon on the fence along the front drive and Heroes Trail. You can write messages of hope, prayers, encouragement, or whatever your heart desires! You are welcome to come by at any time and place your ribbon. It is our hope to have hundreds of ribbons blowing in the wind along the entry.
The idea for the Fence of Hope was proposed by ROCKateer Laura McClain, and the first ribbons were hung on the ROCK entryway last week during Volunteer Appreciation Day. “When everything changed and closed, we left a piece of our hearts here,” says McClain. “We took ribbons in show of hope and love and prayers or just … what meant the most to their heart. That we could hang them, and that even if they wanted to drive by and see them, they would know how much they still matter to us.”
The Fence of Hope will continue through the end of July so there’s plenty of time to come hang a ribbon and help spread the message of hope to ROCK and anyone driving by.
- It is suggested to have the ribbons be about 3-4 feet long and at least an inch wide
- Write your message in Sharpie or permanent marker to help it last
- Plastic ribbon may handle better in the weather, but satin ribbon will work too, just avoid using wired ribbon
- Place your ribbon a few inches away from the one next to it
- Have fun and share in this beautiful display of HOPE