On Saturday, June 6, ROCK held our annual Volunteer Appreciation event to recognize those of you we lovingly refer to as “ROCKateers”. It’s often been said that ROCKateers are the heart of ROCK — and for good reason! From side walking and horse handling to answering phones and mucking stalls, volunteers do so much around here. Without the hundreds of volunteers who give so freely of their time, ROCK would not be able to offer the life-transforming services that we do.
This past year, ROCKateers contributed a whopping 13,523 service hours. With the national average cost of a volunteer service hour at $29.95, those hours represent a $405,000 to ROCK’s budget. That alone deserves a round of applause.
ROCK also announced the recipients of our annual Volunteer awards at Saturday’s event. These awards are nominated and voted on by the ROCK staff and help us honor those volunteers whose extra efforts throughout the past year has stood out to us. Congratulations to the following award winners!
- Director’s Award: Faith Bero
- In honor of the Volunteer who provides sanity to the CEO.
- Dirty Boots Award: Sandra Walden
- In honor of the Volunteer who seems to never stop.
- Git R Done Award: Byron McDaniel
- In honor of the Volunteer who is on a mission to complete projects.
- ROV Volunteer Hero Award: Fernando Rodriguez
- In honor of the Volunteer who goes above and beyond for our Veterans
- ROV Silent Angel Award: The Kitchen Angels
- In honor of the ROV Volunteers who are constantly working in the background
- Silent Angel Award: Faith Bero
- In honor of the Volunteer who is constantly working in the background
- Merlin Hoppe Sunshine Award: Sister Morris
- In honor of the Volunteer who always has a smile on their face
To all our ROCKateers, thank you so much for continuing to support ROCK’s mission to improve independence and life skills in partnership with the horse. We love you!